Last Updated: 24 May 2018.
At JP BOOKS we know that you care how information about you is used and shared and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly. This privacy notice describes how we collect and process your personal information through our shop and our online shop.
CONTROLLERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
JPT EUROPE LTD, owner of the web page www.jpbooks.co.uk at 24-25 Denman Street, London, UK, are data controllers of personal information collected and processed through the services of JP BOOKS.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of information we gather:
- search for products or services in our shop;
- create a customer account;
- place an order online;
- provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address or mobile number when shopping with us);
- set your preferences, provide us with access permits or interact with us;
-communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire or form;
- provide a customer review or rate a product;
- employ Product Availability Alerts, such as Available to Order Notifications.
You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our services.
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as: your name; address and phone number; payment information; your age; your location information; people to whom purchases have been dispatched (including addresses and phone numbers); e-mails you send us; VAT and personal identification numbers; and device log files and configurations among other data.
See here for examples of what we collect and analyse:
- the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- login; e-mail address; password of your account;
-information about your computer or device and your internet connection, such as the application of the device or the version and type of your browser, the types and versions of your browser connection, the operative system or the settings of the time zone, the location of your device or computer;
-device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures;
- purchase and content use history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features such as Best Sellers;
- the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); cookie number; products and/ or content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
Examples of information we may receive from other sources include:
- updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
- search results and links, including paid listings.
FOR WHAT PURPOSES DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We process your personal information to operate, provide, and improve the services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
WHAT ABOUT COOKIES?
DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling our customers' personal information to others. We share customers' information only as described below:
WHAT INFORMATION CAN I ACCESS?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information and purchase history in the "Your Account" section of the website
Please see here for a list of examples that you can access.
- status of recent orders;
- your complete order history;
- personal information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalized advertising preferences, address book);
- e-mail notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Deliveries and newsletters);
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
If you have any questions or objection as to how we collect and process your personal information, please contact our Customer Service. Also:
In addition, subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to, correct, and delete your personal data, and to ask for data portability. You may also object to our processing of your personal data or ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain instances. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact Customer Service.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We keep your personal information to enable your continued use of our services, for as long as it is required in order to fulfill the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be required by law such as for tax and accounting purposes, or as otherwise communicated to you. For example, we retain your transaction history so that you can review past purchases (and repeat orders if desired) and what addresses you have shipped orders to, and to improve the relevancy of products and content we recommend.
If you have any concern about privacy and data protection, or if you would like to get in touch with us about the treatment of your personal information, please send us an email to email@example.com with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
For further information on data protection and your rights, please contact the European Data Protection Supervisor or check with the corresponding Data Protection Authority in your state or country (see here for a list of Data Protection Authorities in Europe).
The technology available and our business change constantly and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. However, we will always protect your interests and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.